What are we working on?
· Funding for services and sustainable commissioning
· Supporting survivor voice and survivor-centred services
· Ensuring victims’ rights are met
· Facilitating positive change to safeguard and support victims, working to protect those most vulnerable
· Encouraging trust and confidence
· Tackling perpetration and exploring opportunities to change behaviour through a range of inclusive and tailored interventions
· Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner Emma Wools nominated lead for VAWG representing four Welsh PCCs and leading on VAWG strategy and shared commitments
· Coordination of Policing in Wales Taskforce, oversight of activities and responses to enhancing Public Trust and Confidence, Abuse of Power and Integrity
· Highlighting and advising local and national government on impact of UK legislation within Welsh policy and legislative context.
· Influencing and informing the Welsh Government Strategy and Blueprint framework for delivery
· Interface with APCC/NPCC supporting the alignment of Policing priorities within Welsh and UK context
· Addressing harmful beliefs and attitudes via community-based prevention.
· Online misogyny including manosphere.
· Recommissioning sexual violence provision in line with national research and development work.
· Building on knowledge gained through victims needs assessment to ensure a expansive service map for victims that meets the needs of our population
· Cultural Competency development work for inclusive accessible and diversity competent support
· Continue to support and develop a suite of interventions to respond to perpetrators across the continuum of need and risk
A Police precept rise of 8.69% was approved by the Police and Crime Panel in Merthyr Tydfil on Tuesday, 6th February, meaning that households across S…Read More >
Police and Crime Commissioner Alun Michael visited Pyle recently to see how Commissioner-funded projects are helping to reduce anti-social behaviour.… Read More >
Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner for South Wales, Emma Wools, has commended the work behind a ground breaking initiative which is helping to tackl…Read More >